Monday, September 1, 2008

Wanna hear some Good news or Great news??

They're home!! John, Mom, Courtney & Nick arrived a few hours ago. They are tired but safe & happy to be home. They immediately started in on the laundry to try & get the stench of China off their clothes. Brandon & I will probably have to throw our clothes away - don't think the smell will ever come off them! The dog ate our remote from our television. Several souvenirs that we had bought for our family & friends back home broke. I really think the airlines took a hammer to their suitcases because I had packaged everything up as good as I possibly could. Oh well lesson #7,098,547,362 - never buy breakables & put them in the checked baggage. Now for some exciting news. Today Brandon & I were looking on the computer at pictures when he started pointing at each person & telling me who they are. He knew what we looked like before but only if he got in our faces & then on some days he couldn't tell John & I apart. Anyway these pictures showed each person several feet away from the camera. I was pretty excited about that so I decided to start working on flash cards. Since I don't have flash cards, I started typing letters on Microsoft Word using 300 pt. (just to start teaching Brandon the letters). I started with the letter A and finished with the letter L. Brandon quickly learned those letters & could tell me what each one was. I started to wonder if maybe he was taught this in school so I threw in the letter N and he said "ooh what's that one?" I know for a fact that he didn't know this before nor was he able to see the letters before treatment. Over the next few days I'll slowly introduce more of the alphabet to him. I brought the Dr. in so he could see it. The Dr. was so excited and said "I can't wait until the next spinal!" He said that he would ask his wife & see if they had any flash card of animals so we could work with Brandon on that. We are so happy to see results like this. After getting the MRI results we really weren't sure what if any results we would get from it. But now we're back on track - we're getting results & it will only continue to get better!! We miss our friends & family - the ones we left back home & the ones who just left us yesterday. But now we have renewed energy & we know that we can make it though the next 13 days. We probably won't eat another chicken or pizza for the rest of our lives but my son has more sight and that's all that matters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katrina !!! what great news about Brandons vision !! see prayers do work cause ive had this little guy as all the others weve met in our prayers daily !!!! Im so excited for you guys..sad that your family had to leave but you can make it the last few days...hang in there !! can you please email me at
tcosby08@comcast.net..i want to add you to my address book so we can keep in touch !!! we miss you guys,..awwww were gonna have to have a reunion when everyone gets home & settled in !!!
Tami & Tyler