Thursday, September 11, 2008

7th Anniversary of the World Trade Center Attack

As we remember what our country went through 7 years ago today, I can't help but be thankful for being an American. I remember after the attack, you couldn't find a single American flag in stores - they had all be purchased and proudly displayed uniting our country during a difficult time. Today as we went to Jimo, I noticed that very few China flags are displayed. They do have small ones but they don't have many large (flag pole) sized - not like America. I hope our children will understand how lucky they are to have been born in the USA. It was very bittersweet going into town. Today's journey marked our last outing here in China. I have fallen in love with Jimo but I believe a person could go bankrupt in there if they really tried hard enough. It's not the shopping I love but the people in those little booths. They work hard every day to sell the goods that they make just to feed their families. They are so friendly and kind and try so hard to please you. They just make you appreciate your life even more. Brandon was even a bit sad when we left Jimo for the last time. We stopped at KFC (Brandon's favorite place) before coming back to the hospital. Brandon asked if we could go to KFC when we got home. I told him that I doubt if we would ever eat KFC again. 4 days until we come home!! We are so excited!!! Brandon will have his last treatment tomorrow so hopefully the next couple of days will go by fast. He has learned all of his alphabet & numbers 1-9 (the numbers he learned today!!). I'm so proud of him! Photo's: 1st - Brandon and I in from of a fountain in the courtyard behind Jimo. Jimo is a shopaholics dream! 2nd - Brandon at the nurse's station last night. He asked if he could wear her hat - funny huh!

No comments: