Monday, August 18, 2008

7:30 pm

I wanted to wait and update everyone as soon as I had more information but I keep receiving e-mails from people wanting updated. At 4:00 pm Qingdao time, Brandon went into the operating room to receive a spinal (stem cell treatment). We watched as they put him to sleep & I felt so bad for him. Why does my son have to go through this - what did he ever do to deserve this - am I doing the right thing? All those questions flooded through me. About 20 minutes later we were about to go downstairs to get him when the Doctor came to see us. I knew as soon as I saw him that something was wrong. He said that before they do the stem cell treatment, they test the intracranial pressure. Normal is around 180. Brandon's was over 300. They said that it would be too risky to do the treatment and the Dr. said that Brandon needs an MRI to determine what is wrong with him. He mentioned "hydrocephalus" & that scares me. Everything is on hold until we find out the results of his MRI. If it is hydrocephalus, the stem cell treatment will be put off indefinately & we will return to the States. If the results come back okay, they still won't do the spinal treatments but will do the IV treatments. We should know more either tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday. They will transport him to another hospital 40 minutes away to do the MRI since they don't have the machine here. Please keep Brandon in your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon is in my prayers. Please keep us updated as soon as you know anything and can. Think positive..........Brandon is supposed to get this treatment or you wouldn't have raised enough money to go! Thinking of you.
Pat Daubert

Anonymous said...

Hi there
I am keeping Brandon in my thoughts and prayers and am soo exited for him and all of you. Please keep me informed somehow, as i am too a mother with a 3 year old son with ONH/SOD who is wanting to come to china for stems. Have a great time while you there and know everything will be the trip and the wait. I wish your journey the best as I know what it takes to want only the best for your child.
karen muller
karenkzn@telkomsa.net
south africa, Durban
+2731-4661135
+2783-328-1938

Vision for Tyrese said...

Hi there
I live in south africa, Durban and i wish you and your family the best of joy and happiness. Enjoy your stay in china and keep positive. I have a 3 year old son who has ONH/SOD and I soon am to venture to china for him.
Brandon and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
karen muller

Anna Gallardo said...

I CANT IMAGINE HOW YOU ARE FELLING BUT WE HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL WE WILL CONTINUE TO FOLLOW BRANDON. SENDING YOU THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FROM SAN ANTONIO.
KACIE AND FAMILY!