Tuesday, May 13, 2008

11:16 PM

I finally have a blog set up!! Several people have asked me if I would do this so they could keep up with everything that it happening during this wonderful and excited journey. I was going to start this blog right before we left for Qingdao, China however I wanted to record everything that not only happens during the trip but the events in our lives leading up to August 10th and the after effects of our trip. We are less than 3 months away from leaving for China. This week we booked our stay at the hospital. We arrive in Qingdao on August 10th & leave there on September 15th. I'm left hoping that those 36 days will change our lives forever. I'm also nervous!! We have raised $34,827 of the $75,000 needed for the treatment, travel expenses & the hyperbaric chamber. $40,000 in 3 months - yeah that's scary!! Thankfully we have a large group of supporters & without them, this journey would not exsist. So to everyone who has helped us - THANK YOU! Brandon is looking forward to the trip. He asks on a regular basis when we're leaving. He tells everyone including strangers on the street that he has Optic Nerve Hypoplasia & that he's going to China to "fix" his eyes. I do hope that's what happens but any improvement will be considered a sucess.

1 comment:

Aspen said...

Katrina all of us crazy ladies here at peak vista love you guys so much. When you and Brandon board that plane headed for China we are all going to sign the greates sigh of relief. The best is yet to come I can feel it. The best day is going to be the first time I walk in the door and Brandon sees his aunts face looks up and me and says what's up. I love you guys.
Aspen